Camino Portugués – September 2019 – Where did I stay?
- Lisbon – Hostel do Castelo Lisboa – map / booking
- Alverca do Ribatejo – Hospedaria Alfa 10 – map / gronze / web / fb
- Azambuja – Albergue Abrigo do Peregrino da Azambuja – map / gronze / fb
- Santarém – N1 Hostel Apartments and Suites – map / gronze / facebook / video of Santarém
- Golegã – Albergue Solo Duro – Casa da Tia Guida – map / gronze
- Tomar – Hostel 2300 Thomar – map / gronze / facebook / booking
- Alvaiázere – Albergue Pinheiro’s – map / gronze / facebook
- Rabacal – Albergue O Bonito – map / gronze / facebook
- Coimbra – Serenata Hostel – map / facebook / booking / video
- Sernadelo – Albergue-Residencial Hilário – map / gronze / facebook
- Agueda – Albergue de peregrinos Santo António – map / gronze / facebook / video
- Porto – Hotel Poveira – map / booking
Standouts for me were the albergues in Tomar, Alvaiázere and Rabacal. Most were small, offered meals or had a restaurant nearby. They catered to the pilgrim, very much like any of the albergues on the Camino Frances.
The accommodation in Lisbon and Porto were booked before I made the trip. I stayed in every other place on a whim. And this was a joy for me!