Camino Inglés – May 2019
The Camino Ingles or English way is a short Camino within Galicia, from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela, or from A Coruña to Santiago de Compostela. Historically, it was used by pilgrims who sailed by boat to the Northern Spanish ports of Ferrol A Coruña, and Vigo. It is one of the shortest routes to walk to earn the Compostela but has the best scenery. From the blue coastline to green mountains. The Camino is generally well waymarked by yellow arrows and is easy to follow.
In May 2019, my brother and I walked from Ferrol to Betanzos before walking from A Coruña to Santiago de Compostela. We earned a Compostela having walked 25 kms in Ireland and completed the Celtic Camino.
You can follow my daily posts below:
- Camino Ingles – Day 0 – Dublin to Ferrol
- Camino Ingles – Day 1 – Ferrol to Pontedeume
- Camino Ingles – Day 2 – Pontedeume to Betanzos
- Camino Ingles – Day 3 – Arrival in A Coruña
- Camino Ingles – Day 4 – A Coruña to Sergude
- Camino Ingles – Day 5 – Sergude to Hospital de Bruma
- Camino Ingles – Day 6 – Hospital de Bruma to Sigüeiro
- Camino Ingles – Day 7 – Sigueiro to Santiago de Compostela
- Camino Ingles – Day 8 – While in Santiago
- Camino Ingles & Camino Finisterre – Where I Stayed