Another great thing that I have attempted over the last year is a podcast, beginning in September 2020. The Clearskies Camino Podcast lasted for 10 episodes and dealt with the Camino and other pilgrims’ experiences. A friend in Spain suggested that I should give it a go – and I did. A podcast would be too formal – how about a chat!
Not only are my podcasts helpful for me preparing for a return to the Camino but it has helped me during the pandemic. I have stopped recording them but I do intend to start again with a weekly chat with a pilgrim. Until then, you can find all the recordings on all platforms or if you do a quick search for “clearskies camino podcast“. The Clearskies Camino podcast explores pilgrims’ different reasons for undertaking their Camino, what equipment they carried, and what preparation they carried out. We also focus on any tips and tricks for new pilgrims.
- Episode One – Podcast Host – David Smith (a very short episode – I was getting used to the equipment)
- Episode Two – Dutch pilgrim and blogger, Querien Mangel
- Episode Three – Spanish teacher and blogger, Pablo Allen
- Episode Four – German pilgrim Miriam shares her memories from the Camino Francés
- Episode Five – Spanish teacher and pilgrim, Maria Seco
- Episode Six – Irish pilgrim PJ Costello (My personal favourite)
- Episode Seven – Canadian pilgrim Samantha Plavins talks about her Camino and her memories
- Episode Eight – US pilgrim, Ben Lah has walked the Camino Francés and Camino del Norte
- Episode Nine – US pilgrim and hospitalera Lisa Morales talks about giving back after walking the Camino.
- Episode Ten – I met English pilgrim Adam on the Camino Francés in 2017.
- Episode Eleven – I’m back and Porto awaits
The podcast marks my first foray into the world of recording and I would consider these episodes more as a conversation between friends than a deep-dive. There are other Camino-related podcasts that are more professional in their set-up, like Dan Mullins’ “My Camino-The Podcast” or “The Camino Cafe“.
Podcasts I have guested on
I have had the pleasure to have been asked on a number of Camino-related podcasts in the last number of years. Feel free to listen to other episodes that my hosts have recorded.
- My conversation with Australian pilgrim and man of many talents, Dan Mullins, on My Camino, The Podcast
- I talked to Dave Whitson on The Camino Podcast in 2017 as we re-walked the Camino from Santo Domingo to Burgos.
- I talked with Bradley Chermside on El Camino de Santiago Pilgrims Podcast in November 2020 about Camino kindness and the importance of going slow.
Interested in being a guest?
If you are interested in being a guest on my podcast or if you would like me to guest on your own podcast, please leave a comment.
If you enjoyed this post let me know by hitting the ★Like button, and sharing the love on your socials!
… And if you want to hang out with me between posts then follow me on Instagram and on Facebook for daily and more personal updates!