Clearskies Camino Podcast – A podcast about the Camino de Santiago
Clearskies Camino Podcast
I started a podcast in September 2020 during the lockdown. A friend in Spain suggested that I should try a podcast. So I did. Not only are my camino de santiago podcast helpful for preparing for a Camino but it helped me during the pandemic. I have stopped recording them until I can meet my pilgrim friends again. Until then, you can find all the recordings on all platforms or if you do a quick search for “clearskies camino podcast“. The Clearskies Camino podcast explores pilgrims’ different reasons for undertaking their Camino, what equipment they carried, and what preparation they carried out. We also focus on any tips and tricks for new pilgrims.
- Episode One – Podcast Host – David Smith
- Episode Two – Dutch pilgrim and blogger, Querien Mangel
- Episode Three – Spanish teacher and blogger, Pablo Allen
- Episode Four – German pilgrim Miriam shares her memories from the Camino Francés
- Episode Five – Spanish teacher and pilgrim, Maria Seco
- Episode Six – Irish pilgrim PJ Costello
- Episode Seven – Canadian pilgrim Samantha Plavins talks about her Camino and her memories
- Episode Eight – US pilgrim, Ben Lah has walked the Camino Francés and Camino del Norte
- Episode Nine – US pilgrim and hospitalera Lisa Morales talks about giving back after walking the Camino.
- Episode Ten – I met English pilgrim Adam on the Camino Francés in 2017.
The podcast marks my first foray into the world of recording and I would consider these episodes more as a conversation between friends than a deep-dive. There are other Camino-related podcasts that are more professional in their set-up, like Dan Mullins’ “My Camino-The Podcast” or “The Camino Cafe“.
Podcasts I have guested on
I have had the pleasure to have been asked on a number of Camino-related podcasts in the last number of years. Feel free to listen to other episodes that my hosts have recorded.
- My conversation with Australian pilgrim and man of many talents, Dan Mullins, on My Camino, The Podcast
- I talked to Dave Whitson on The Camino Podcast in 2017 as we re-walked the Camino from Santo Domingo to Burgos.
- I talked with Bradley Chermside on El Camino de Santiago Pilgrims Podcast in November 2020 about Camino kindness and the importance of going slow.
Interested in being a guest?
If you are interested in being a guest on my podcast or if you would like me to guest on your own podcast, please get in touch!