Hi. I’m David and welcome to the Clearskies Camino blog.
I live in Dublin, Ireland and have walked a number of pilgrimages including the Camino Francés and Camino Portugués.
My love for writing began once I returned from my 2nd jaunt on the Camino Francés in June 2012. I had been keeping journal while walking and it only made sense to write my thoughts and post my photos online. As the Camino de Santiago slowly became a part of my life, so did the urge to give something back. Here I am today!
The Camino de Santiago is a pilgrimage but in my eyes, it is so much more. It is a great way of meeting people and a great way of getting away from the hustle and bustle of modern-day life.
There are many Caminos to Santiago from all across Europe, but my experiences have mainly been on the Caminos in Spain and Portugal, ending at the shrine of St. James in the city of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia.
What can you find on Clearskies Camino?
- I have written about my previous Caminos from 2012 – START HERE!
- NEW! – Sign up to the Clearskies Camino monthly Newsletter, you can now receive news by e-mail – CLICK HERE!
- New! – Clearskies Camino Podcast – CLICK HERE, SUBSCRIBE, SHARE, TELL YOUR FRIENDS if you can!
- There are some tips and tricks in my Preparation page – HERE!
- Over 70 videos with a Camino theme – HERE!
- Over 100 links to help you plan and prepare for your Camino – HERE!
- Why not join me over on the Clearskies Camino Facebook page? – JOIN HERE!
What can you do to support Clearskies Camino?
- Are you planning a Camino?: Do you have a question about a particular route or accommodation? I might be able to help you. If I can’t, I will find an answer for you. Email me.
- Have you walked a Camino or have a story to tell? I’d love to hear it! Contact me!
- Do you own a blog about the Camino? Get in touch! Perhaps we can exchange guest posts or maybe share a podcast?
- Do you like what you see? Why not subscribe, so an email will be sent to you whenever I post.
- If you really enjoyed my blog, you can support the blog and buy me a coffee! Many thanks!
Read my latest post: HERE!
Disfruta y Buen Camino!