Having the right kit is essential for your Camino. It is the difference between not having an enjoyable time and wanting to return again. I made many mistakes in 2011 but with plenty of research, my back weight dropped and I had little to no foot problems in 2012. Over the years, I have been constantly researching so now my pack size is lower than it has ever been.
Here are some of my packing lists from my previous Caminos. I hope they prove useful to you. My friend Linda has written extensively about her pack from a female point of view, on her site, details below.
- Packing list for 2019 Celtic Camino
- Download a packing list checklist here. Posted in 2018.
- The same list from 2018 with links to the items: 2018 Packing List
- Here is a link to my packing list from September 2017 when I walked the meseta: 2017Burgos
- Click on the next link to find out what I brought on my Camino Finisterre in September 2016: Camino a Finisterre – A definitive packing list
- Also, I have made up a spreadsheet of the items I carried on that same Camino: Camino a Finisterre – Packing list