This is worth waiting for…
I have tried not to pay attention to the news over the course of the last few months. In a world of social media, this is quite difficult, however, I am where I am today – still standing and working from home. Restrictions are still in place here in Ireland until April 5th, where they will be re-assessed. The roll-out of the Covid vaccination has been, let’s just say, poor, and not wanting to put blame on any one person, I look at other countries who are doing a far better job than us.
I just look to the future. At the present time, I can’t travel more than 5 km beyond my home and I hope to travel to the Camino in September. Our own government has ruled out any non-essential travel since the start of the pandemic while allowing people to fly into the country unchecked. I think this has eroded confidence.
This week, the EU Commission announced plans for a digital green pass which would allow EU citizens to travel inside of the EU provided they have:
- received the vaccine
- received a negative test
- received a medical certificate to say that you have recovered from Covid in the last 180 days.
I would imagine that I will receive my first vaccine jab before I travel but if I don’t, a negative test can be received at the Airport before I leave.
It is just a week, but it is better than nothing. More news later.
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 5 – Carrion de los Condés to Ledigos
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 4 – Boadilla to Carrion de los Condés
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 3 – Castrojeriz to Boadilla del Camino
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 2 – Hornillos del Camino to Castrojeriz
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 1 – Burgos to Hornillos del Camino