I hope you are having a good weekend. I have finally reached 50 in this series. And I mark this occasion by posting a quick video about my favourite 30km stretch on the Camino Frances – from Burgos to Hontanas and the start of the meseta. This pilgrim even stopped at the same cafes as myself in the small towns of Tardajos and Hornillos del Camino. Check out the video.
Hontanas is not a big village, its population is less than 100 but at least you will find here three albergues. Some people prefer to walk over nine more kilometers to the bigger village of Castrojeríz as usually this stage is quite easy on the foot but most opt to stay overnight in Hontanas. My favourite albergue is the municipal at the end of the village and have always been given a warm welcome here. The main feature of the town is its church tower whose bells ring every hour on the hour. Happy sleeping.
For more Camino related videos, check out my Archives.
- My Future Camino Plans – 2022 And Beyond
- Camino Francés 2021 – Days 8 & 9 – Madrid
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 7 – Sahagún to El Burgo Ranero
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 6 – Ledigos to Sahagún
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 5 – Carrion de los Condés to Ledigos