Betanzos…a town rich in Celtic history sits on the Camino Ingles between Ferrol and Santiago. It lies beside the Mandeo river and is a place to stop and look around once you have your day’s walking over. I am due to arrive here on the 9th of May and having seen so many great photos of the town, I am eager to see what all the fuss is about. The next morning, rather than continuing on to Santiago, I pick up my pack and make way for A Coruna.
The albergue in Betanzos is fairly new, having opened in 2013, and has over 30 beds for pilgrims. There are other accommodation of course in this fine town. This morning, news broke that, due to a water leak, the albergue will limit the number of beds to 6 each night.
So if you are walking from Ferrol shortly, it is best to plan ahead if staying in Betanzos.
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 5 – Carrion de los Condés to Ledigos
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 4 – Boadilla to Carrion de los Condés
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 3 – Castrojeriz to Boadilla del Camino
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 2 – Hornillos del Camino to Castrojeriz
- Camino Francés 2021 – Day 1 – Burgos to Hornillos del Camino