Site under construction!
Hi. I’m David and welcome to the Clearskies Camino blog.
I live in Dublin, Ireland, and have walked a number of Caminos to Santiago including the Camino Francés and Camino Portugués.
My love for writing began once I returned from my 2nd jaunt along the Camino Francés in June 2012. I had been keeping a journal while walking and it only made sense to write my thoughts and post my photos online. As the Camino de Santiago slowly became more and more a part of my life, so did the urge to give something back. Here I am today!
The Camino de Santiago is a pilgrimage but in my eyes, it is so much more. It is a great way of meeting people and a great way of getting away from the hustle and bustle of modern-day life.
There are many Caminos to Santiago from all across Europe, but my experiences have mainly been on the Caminos in Spain and Portugal, ending at the shrine of St. James in the city of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia.
- I have written about my previous Caminos de Santiago in detail from 2012 to 2019 – Start by clicking here!
- I have collected over 100 links to help you plan and prepare your Camino – Read through them here!
- Why not join me and other pilgrims on the Clearskies Camino Facebook page? – Join Us!
- There are some tips and tricks in my Preparation page – HERE!
- Watch over 70 videos with a Camino theme – HERE!
What can you do to support Clearskies Camino?
- Are you planning a Camino?: Do you have a question about a particular route or accommodation? I might be able to help you. If I can’t, I will find an answer for you. Email me.
- Have you walked a Camino or have a story to tell? I’d love to hear it! Contact me!
- Do you own a blog about the Camino? Get in touch! Perhaps we can exchange guest posts or maybe share a podcast?
- Do you like what you see? Why not subscribe, so an email will be sent to you whenever I post.
- If you really enjoyed my blog, you can support the blog and buy me a coffee! Many thanks!