My first Camino de Santiago was in June 2011 when I walked from Sarria to Santiago. Since then, I have returned to Spain or Portugal each year to walk one of the routes to Santiago. I hope you enjoy my posts as much as I have enjoyed writing them.
The Camino Francés (or French Way) is the most popular of all the Camino routes to Santiago de Compostela. There are many other routes however. My first experience of the Camino Francés was in 2011 when I walked from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. It was an eye-opener for me as I hadn’t been to Spain before nor had I experienced the Spanish culture. Walking 100 kilometres was a huge achievement also at that time as I was not properly prepared nor had I the same appreciation of what the Camino was before I left for Spain. You can read about my first experience in Spain in my conversation with Maria over on SpanishforCamino.com.
Ever since I have been going back year on year and walking for a few weeks. You can read how I got on by clicking any of the following links:
Caminos de Santiago 2012 – 2021
|Year||Route||To / From||Distance|
|June 2011||Camino Francés||Sarria – Santiago de Compostela||116 kms|
|May 2012||Camino Francés||Astorga – Sarria||152 kms|
|May 2013||Camino Francés||Logrono – León||306 kms|
|September 2014||Camino Francés||St Jean Pied de Port – Belorado||236 kms|
|May 2015||Camino Francés||Belorado – Molinaseca||328 kms|
|September 2016||Camino Finisterre||Santiago de Compostela – Finisterre||90 kms|
|September 2017||Camino Francés||Burgos – Astorga||230 kms|
|May 2018||Camino Portugués||A Guarda – Santiago de Compostela||159 kms|
|September 2018||Camino Francés||Puente la Reina – Burgos||195 kms|
|May 2019||Celtic Camino||A Coruna – Santiago – Finisterre||190 kms|
|September 2019||Camino Portugués||Lisbon – Agueda||303 kms|
|September 2021||Camino Francés||Burgos – El Burgo Ranero||144 kms|
|May 2022||Camino Portugués||Porto – Santiago de Compostela||280 kms|
Podcasts – Hear me talking about my Caminos
I have been on a few podcasts over the last 5 years. It is always a thrill to talk about my Camino obsession. If you have a few moments, feel free to listen to any of these links.
- My conversation with Australian pilgrim and man of many talents, Dan Mullins, on My Camino, The Podcast
- I talked to Dave Whitson on The Camino Podcast in 2017 as we re-walked the Camino from Santo Domingo to Burgos.
- I talked with Bradley Chermside on El Camino de Santiago Pilgrims Podcast in November 2020 about Camino kindness and the importance of going slow.
What do you think? Your suggestions are welcome!
- If you have walked any of the Caminos or are preparing to walk one of the Caminos, please let me know. It would be interesting to get in touch.
- Have you a pilgrim experience you would like to share?
- Did you know that Clearskies Camino has a podcast. Are you interested in being a guest?
If you like what you see, let me know by hitting the ★Like button and leaving a comment. You can read about my Caminos as far back as 2013, just click “Previous Caminos” below. If you want to hang out with me between posts, then follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more frequent updates. I can also now be found on YouTube.